BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 7, 2009

Pregnancy Update



So the latest and greatest... Today I am 23 weeks and 1 day pregnant. We have 16 weeks and 6 days left until our little bundle of joy will be here!!! We can't wait! So far everything is going great, no complications and the best part is the morning sickness is GONE!!! Yes finally GONE!!! It really wasn't that bad for me compared to other people seeing as I was mostly just nauseous and only threw up 3 times, but it still was not fun so I am excited it is gone.

We had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and our baby is already taking it's Daddy's side... Don thinks keeping the gender a surprise would be the coolest thing ever. We don't exactly share the same enthusiasm with that. So the plan was I would find out and he would be surprised. Well the baby decided not to let us see... so it still remains a mystery if it will be a he or a she. No worries though, my doctor said he will order another ultrasound towards the end of the pregnancy. Don and I have yet to decide if we will find out than so we shall see. Stay tuned to find out!

So here are some fun facts about our baby's development at this stage in "it's" life:

The baby is about 1.1 lbs, which is about the size of a papaya. The baby is still making remarkable changes at 23 weeks. The skin is still quite red and heavily wrinkled by the end of 23 weeks. The baby can often hear loud noises in the womb from now on, so it may move around a bit when you are in an environment where loud noises are quite common.

The baby is about to chub up a bit. It's saggy skin will start to fit it's frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, it'll start to pack on the pounds (which means I will, too!) and by month's end it'll be double the weight it is now (though I won't be — whew!). Right now, the baby's organs and bones are visible through it's skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, the baby will become less transparent, too.

As you can tell, I finally took some pictures of my ever growing belly. I have been putting it off since I didn't think I was showing that much until a month ago and I wanted to take pictures when it was obvious that I was pregnant, not just fat. :o) Since than Don has been pushing to take pictures of it and he even went as far as taking candid pictures of me yesterday when I wasn't paying attention. Definitely not fair! I figured I better have him take some pictures that I like instead of taking unflattering candid photos of me at my worse! Those will not be posted due to the "model's" non-consent! I thought he did a great job of taking these pictures though. He is quite the little photographer too!







On a side note, Don and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday! It has gone by so fast and it will go by even faster once the baby comes. We kept it low key... we had breakfast together in the morning and than cleaned our house/organized more of our stuff. Yes I know, lame... Well the cleaning/organizing part is lame. But it was nice spending time in the morning eating yummy food together! Than we went to Grandma Krafft's house later that night to celebrate her birthday. When Don and I picked our wedding day, it just so happened to be on the same day as his Grandma's birthday. Before we had a chance to change the date, she insisted that we keep it that way. She wanted to share the day with us, so we did and it was nice! We had dinner with the whole family and just enjoyed each other's company. Don's Aunt Paula even came out from Florida to join in on the celebrations. That was a fun extra surprise for everyone. We also found out today that Don's step sister had her baby yesterday, so it was an eventful September 6th with many celebrations going on all at once.

I ended up taking the whole week off of work this week because originally before Don lost his job, we had planned on going somewhere for our anniversary. Obviously things changed... so our plans of going somewhere turned into staying home. I think they call that a staycation? :o) Which is actually kind of nice. I have grand plans of updating my photography website, working on our house/unpack more stuff and organize... and finishing all my wedding/photo shoots I have pending. So this will be a much needed time for me to finish my to do list. I am so excited and can't wait till it is all done! I will be starting all that tomorrow since I have lots of updating to do on our blog. Very important stuff you know. :o) My next post will be pictures of our house. Yes, finally before and after pictures of the house! Stay tuned... If I don't get interrupted or distracted I may finish that today. Making dinner right now may be just enough of a distraction to lure me away... ;o)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty pictures! Kudos to the photographer. I really like your shirt, too.