BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Party - December 5th, 2008

Ever since I have been with my company they have done a huge Christmas party every year. We all look forward to them and just thoroughly enjoy them. I joke that it is kind of like an adult prom for us. I was fortunate this year to already have a dress for it. I used my bridesmaid dress I bought for my brother's wedding. It was red and formal, perfect for what I wanted! This year the party was held at the Down Town Marriott Hotel. It was pretty much right next to the San Diego Convention Center.

So I brought my camera with me of course. I don't let an opportunity to practice my photography go by. Especially when it is a party setting. Since I photograph weddings I thought I could practice with taking pictures while people danced. Here are a few pictures of that.







Here are some pictures of Don and I. This first one was taken by one of my friend's boyfriend. He is a photographer as well and he was showing me a cool trick to make dramatic lighting with my flash. For those of you who know a thing or to about cameras all he did was put the ISO to 100, the aperture to 10 and the shutter to 250. This all has to be done in manual mode, so if you are not comfortable with that, this may be to advance for ya. Just practice, practice, practice. Than with my external flash he pointed it straight at me (fairly close to me) and took the picture. The lower the aperture, the more dramatic the lighting will be. Try it out! In Lightroom I lightened up the background where Don was, to include him in it too. In your editing program you could play around with that too. So here was the end result. The second one is a really dramatic one. That one was with an aperture of 8 and 250 shutter speed.





Here are some other random pictures...







And than Don getting down with it... or something like that. :o)



0 comments: